All member companies can delegate experts to the nine formal working groups of Interpharma and offer their expertise to these groups. The working groups set their priorities based on Board and Executive Committee requirements. These groups are each led by a member of the Executive Committee or by an experienced expert (Chair) and a Vice-Chair. Interpharma provides the working groups with functional support and undertakes all organizational and administrative work.
Three working groups are concerned with international and national issues:
- Animal Welfare Working Group
- Economic Issues Working Group
- Intellectual Property Expert Group
The other six working groups address issues concerning the regulatory environment in Switzerland in particular:
- Clinical Research Working Group
- Communications Working Group
- Good Distribution Practice - Quality Working Group
- Market Access Working Group
- Pharmacovigilance Working Group
- Regulatory Affairs Working Group
Aside from these formal working groups there are also several ad hoc groups that meet as required to work on current issues.